Rover restoration weekend comes to an end!

Work in progress a bit of paint to protect inner surfaces

Work in progress a bit of paint to protect inner surfaces

Plug welds ground flush

Plug welds ground flush

A reminder of what it was like......

A reminder of what it was like……

Did I achieve the objective…..??

Well not quite.. The sill is pretty much complete…can’t do the final welding on the front section as I need to fabricate a replacement panel to replace the rust damaged area.

This panel needs to be remade a bit too rusty along the lower edge to allow new metal to be welded to it.

This panel needs to be remade a bit too rusty along the lower edge to allow new metal to be welded to it.

I did put the rear wheel on to get ready to lower the car back to the ground but as it started raining and as I had forgotten to recharge the battery…Plus I was hungry and tired….

I did turn the engine over a few times on the starting handle, and reconnected the temporary fuel tank….So it’s all set to go ┬ámay be one night this week if the weather is fine!

welded up

welded up

 

ready to fire up the engine

ready to fire up the engine

Please comments or questions here.

Loading Facebook Comments ...

Leave a Reply